Welcome to Dromo!
Dromo is an easy and intuitive spreadsheet importer that integrates seamlessly with your product.
Before we get started, let's cover some basics. If you have any questions, you can chat with us any time by clicking on the chat bubble, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best way to understand Dromo is to see the importer in action.
- The Schema Builder helps you build a simplified schema without code.
- The developer experience demo is an interactive CodeSandbox where you can implement a schema, set validation and transformation logic, and experiment with different settings in real time.
- The user experience demo walks a user through importing CRM data into a pre-defined schema.
- You will need a free license key. You can get a license key by registering for an account. No payment information is necessary to get started.
- You will need access to a frontend codebase where you can integrate Dromo.
Dromo Express provides a simplified implementation experience for non-technical users.
Supported file types
You can use Dromo to import CSV, TSV, XLS, XLSX, XML, or JSON files directly into your application or database.
There are 4 parts of a Dromo implementation:
- Defining a schema
- Adding validations and transformations
- Handling the result
- Customizing the experience
For examples of things you can do in each step, see the Guides in the sidebar.
Defining a schema
To implement Dromo in your application, you must first define a schema. A schema is a list of fields that you want to import. These fields will be matched to columns during the import process, and define the properties of the JSON payload passed back in the results.
Adding validations and transformations
With your schema defined, you can add validation rules and data transformation hooks to exactly match the import process to match your data requirements and provide interactive feedback to users during the import process.
Handling the result
Customizing the experience
Dromo is white-label by default, so you can tailor the styling to match your brand. You can craft unique help text, configure the column matching process, regulate user behavior, and vary other settings to suit your requirements.
Dromo provides SDKs to easily integrate Dromo into your application's front end.
To get started, follow the guide for the SDK that works best for you: